Thursday 13 August 2009

Talking points 4

 
Hi Everyone,
Many thanks for joining Talking Points. Talking Points is a group of people with an interest in finding out more about Mood, through reading and discussion of ideas. 
 
My interest in mood stems from my own bad experiences and subsequent research. I have a book coming out in October call Mood Mapping by Dr Liz Miller (that's me ;-) The book is about mood, and shows how mapping your mood can help you become more aware of your mood. It is also packed full of original strategies to help you manage and improve your mood.
 
The way Talking Points works.
 
You can email me a question at Liz at MoodMapping dot com and then my reply goes on the website, with a title. When other people have a contribution, please add a comment. This will work a bit like a discussion forum and if this works, we could migrate it to a discussion format in the future.
 
In the meantime, if you are happy for an anonymised version of your question to appear, let me know. Otherwise, I will try and make it clear, what I think you are asking about in the answer. This helps other people with similar questions, and hopefully everyone will add their experience.
 
Mood is everywhere, and in one sense, everything we do is an attempt to help ourselves feel better, directly or indirectly. Sometimes mood is overwhelming and there seems to be little we can do about, other times we hardly notice it. 
 
Being able to manage your mood, is a sign of mental health and not only improves your sense of health and well being but also helps improve performance by providing the tools to improve your focus and performance.

Understanding mood is the start of self knowledge 
 
I look forward to hearing from everyone. If you want to keep the correspondence private, please let me know by indicating this in your email 
 
With best wishes 

Lizzie
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for your comment and I look forward to reading it