Sunday 18 October 2009

Who finds Mood Mapping Helpful? Testimonial from the Philippines

One of the joys of the Internet is the way in which we can exchange greetings and information across continents. I received this comment from the Philippines!!


Comment from the Philippines


I really do not have any question. I just want to thank you. Because of your book, I was able to develop the ability to navigate through my moods. Your 4 quadrants have helped me track my moods. My greatest discovery though is that I can adjust my mood and not be a slave of it. If I am sliding to negativity, I can adjust it back to something positive. If I know I have low energy, I adjust the rhythm of my hectic life. It's as if I have a dashboard inside my mind to do adjustments when unlikely times come.

Once again, thank you.

JP V


Philippines













Copyright (c) Dr. Liz Miller
www.moodmapping.com


Find out more - Buy the Book!
Mood Mapping - Available Now!!

Click here for Blackwells

Click here for Waterstones

Click here for Tesco's




Copyright (c) Dr. Liz Miller
www.lizmiller.info
www.lizmiller.co.uk
www.moodmapping.com

10 comments:

  1. Hi Liz.
    I ordered your book after reading about it in the Sunday Times, and then heard you last night on Radio 2. Can't wait, talk about perfect timing.
    You're an amazing woman Liz. I have finally found a GP who seems to care about my MH issues and is not shocked by self harm like my old ones. She got a new Psych sorted and I'm now off drink but seem to swap one addiction to another. GP given my Mirtazapine, and I use Zopiclone to help me sleep.

    Hope your book comes today.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I hope the book helps you manage moods. Self harm can be so difficult and doctors do find it difficult to deal with.

    I would love to think you could find new ways to manage your feelings without doing yourself damage - cos I know you deserve to do well and you will!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Dr Liz replied to me. I am in shock and overjoyed.

    Self harm is difficult to deal with and to be honest even friends don't understand. I think it is a think you have to have been there to know.

    I will post back, and let you know how things go, that is if that is ok.

    Will you be running any more courses, I'm based in Yorkshire but can travel if I am feeling ok.

    Thanks S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah - just messed up comments moderation and had to rescue your comment above

    There will be a course the first Saturday of every month - starting small and building on success!

    Just see how you feel - more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Just ordered your book from Amazon. Hope it helps. After catching some of your comments in recent months i decided to start EPA at the start of the year. Not sure if its working, but i think i feel a little stronger.
    I have been an alcohol therapist for over 25 years and last year i had a major breakdown. Your writings have helped and for that i thank you.
    Wish i was able to attend your groups but with me living in Scotland, London is just a LITTLE bit far for me.
    Thanks again.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be very difficult to train for all those years and not be able to practice...
    I know, because I used to work as a nurse.
    I dont take any medications, I guess I was lucky not to have a severe form. I do take vitamins, omega 3, etc.
    Will read your book, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes it must be difficult, luckily despite having had quite severe bipolar disorder and been in hospital it has never affected my work to any great extent. I work as a doctor, without problems or involvement with the General Medical Council, although other people have been less fortunate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scotland - yes there now workshops in Scotland - no excuses!! full details to follow

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got the book on Monday. Love it thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz
    I work for a Mind association and we met at the Mind conference last year. I hoping to attend one of your sessions either in April/May when time allows. I am in the process of buying your book as another tool to help some of my clients in the one to one work I do with them. Best wishes and I hope to meet you again soon. Jackie (Bromleymind)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for your comment and I look forward to reading it