Saturday 26 December 2009

Happy Christmas and have a great new 2010


I apologise to everyone who didn't get a Christmas card - this is going to be as good as it gets in 2009. By next year I will send a reusable, recycleable, all purpose card with provenance, suitable for all occasions including a refreshing newsletter out to everyone I know. There will be a prize for those people who actually read the Round Robin enclosure. On second thoughts, I won't print it off, I will put it up at a secret webaddress, and let people claim their prize themselves. In the meantime, this is a quick summary of the events of last year, made into a sandwich - Good News, Bad News and the Positive Consequences of both.

 The Good News

MoodMapping on the shelves! yes it was not easy, as Liz Gough my editor tells anyone who will listen
Lots of wonderful comments from the press - here are a just a few
The Sunday Times  pleas ignore the sarky comments - some people just can't stand a winner ;-)


and the News of the World - from Snappy to Happy - great headline!



And a nice email from the Mental Health Tsar, Louis Appleby

Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for sending me a copy of your book.  I think it is very well written and remarkably positive.  

With best wishes.

Professor Louis Appleby
National Director for Mental Health

The University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL


Other Good News includes Andrew Hall my nephew graduating from Nottingham - well done Andrew. He is now in China exporting British goods to China. My neice Catherine becoming an officer in the RAF

The Not so Good News

Father died on Christmas Eve. He believed that you should always do the right thing whether or not you got the right result. And by living honestly by those principles he deserved better from life. But we are not living in a world that rewards good and honest service, and cherishes truth and fairness, instead we live in a  time that encourages status, greed and ambition. Perhaps it ever was thus.

I still have to work. Sales of MM began with a fizz, within six weeks of its releases it reached number 20 on Amazon rankings, sales have now "flattened out".  Time for the hard work - "backfilling" the business as it were. Running workshops etc, not quite as glamorous as giving press interviews but much more fun!

The Positive Consequences

I am ready to spend next year talking about, writing about and teaching MoodMapping, running Workshops, answering emails and doing what I can to make the world a better place 

I have a meeting with my publishers with a view to a second book - Matrix Psychology - Dating, personality and how to have an Obama quality relationship

I need to publish my father's book, because I promised I would and never waver in the belief that doing the right thing for the right reasons will, in the end, change the world for the better.

And get on with doing what is important in life, even if its not always immediately financially rewarding




Copyright (c) Dr. Liz Miller
Mood Mapping
Dr Liz Miller

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dr. Miller,

    I stumbled on an article about you, and I believe you are correct in your assessments regarding mental health and drug therapy.

    Is there a group in Vienna Austria that I can contact and become part of?

    Thank you for your help.

    Yours
    G H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I don't know of any groups in Vienna. You may want to start a reading group for Mood Mapping - which might provide a focus for early groups

    see next post - if you want a group, I think you have to start one
    But it is easier than you think - see next post

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for your comment and I look forward to reading it